Wednesday 15 June 2016

What Music Means To Me

A song from when I was younger:



I believe that a good song or a song you love reminds you of a specific time in your life or a memory. This song does this for me because I distinctly remember the first time I heard it; I was in the car with my dad and brother and Crazy In Love by Beyoncé came on the radio and I recall instantly loving it and wanting to dance and sing. At that moment I knew, that one day I would see her in concert and ever since that day I have been obsessed with Beyoncé and everything she has done.
Not only is she a wonderful role model to girls everywhere as she demonstrates beauty can come in all shapes and sizes but she is also independent and a business woman in her own right.
I would have to say that she is my idol as I not only idolise her power and strength but also her independence.

A song from when I joined high school:



This is one song I have loved ever since I can remember. As I grew up in the noughties I was, and still am, obsessed with artists such as JoJo, Ne-yo, Mario, Usher and obviously groups like the Spice Girls, Destiny's Child, Mis-Teeq and Atomic Kitten.
This song was one of the first songs I knew the words to and taught me about girl power and she as an artist was so relatable because she was really young. I looked up to her and fell in love with this song.
I can tell that this song was a big part of my life because I still listen to it now and will continue to listen to it because it will never get old for me.

A song that I listen to now:



From my previous choices it is clear that I enjoy pop music but that's not the only genre of music that I enjoy listening to. For me, what I listen to depends on the mood I'm in at that moment. For example; I could go from listening to Beyoncé, to listening to Chris Stapleton and country music then back to rap and hip hop music by Jay-Z or NWA.
This song is an example of my love for country music. My dad brought me up on country music and people like Johnny Cash so as a result I have grown up with a genuine love of country music.
This song is a great example of a typical country song but for me it's more than that. It explains how every girl has felt at some point in their life if they've ever had a crush on someone; making it incredibly relatable. Not only that but this song is just so nice to listen to and has become one of my favourite, and most frequently listened to, songs at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment